Want to participate in your local community? Become a sponsor for Motor City Baseball and support youth in your area.
The Motor City Hit Dogs are travelling to the Valley for the first time. The 10U, 12U and 14U (2024) teams are playing in the Arizona USSSA Veterans Salute NIT November 9 - 11, 2019.
Motor City Hit Dogs powered by Trosky Baseball
The Motor City Hit Dogs will be partnering with Nate Trosky from Trosky Baseball, and board advisor and Arizona resident Tony Busseri, to add teams to play a full roster of tournaments in Arizona for the 2021 baseball season.
The Arizona based Motor City Hit Dogs teams will be called the “Motor City Hit Dogs powered by Trosky Baseball”.
Saturday, October 19, 2019
Horizon Park Diamonds 3 & 4
Check In: 9 - 9:30 am
Clinic: 9:30 to 12:30 pm
Parent Discussion on Travel Baseball Development Process: 9:30 to 10:30 am
The Motor City Hit Dogs will be holding a free skills clinic for elite travel ball players age 9U to 14U on Saturday, October 19, 2019. The clinic will provide players and their families an opportunity to experience the Hit Dog baseball development model; a cradle to grave full athlete training model that is different than what is currently available in the Valley.
Skill Clinic Teaching Objectives:
1. Proper pre-game preparation, warming up your arm, hands and feet
2. Stretching and athlete preparation before a game or practice
3. Ground ball footwork, glove work and throwing mechanics for infielders
4. Ground ball footwork, glove work and throwing mechanics for outfielders
5. Double play work – working the bag and footwork coming off the bag to the ball
6. Holding runners as a middle infielder
7. Cut off mechanics and double cut positioning
8. Baseball throwing situations what often is called “Ins and Outs or IOs”
9. Catcher blocking, receiving and throwing footwork
10. Lead offs and baserunning – reading LHPs, jumps, peak ins, details for success
Instructors and stakeholders attending the event and teaching attendees will include:
To Register for the Free Clinic follow the registration link below:
Interested in becoming a sponsor of Motor City Baseball?